Please use Microforum's templates for all your artwork set up.
To avoid additional charges, please ensure your artwork is placed in the most recent templates found on our website at www.microforum.ca.
Additional charges will be applied to set up your artwork in the proper templates.
- We accept CD-R, DVD-R, and USB sticks for files without compression.
- FTP transfers is accepted in compressed (ZIP/SIT) format.
- Email attachments.
- Adobe Creative Suite SC6
- QuarkXPress 9
- Quark / InDesign packaged files with fonts and images.
- Print ready PDF files with embedded fonts.
- EPS with embedded images and outlined fonts.
- Photoshop - PSD, EPS, TIFF, PDF, JPEG - hi-res files.
- All files must coincide with specific templates. If you require a specific dieline, inform your account representative when ordering.
- Dielines should never be embedded or flattened with the artwork. They need to overprint or placed on a separate layer.
- Raster-based file resolution should be at a minimum of 300 dpi, 1200 for the bitmapped images.
- EPS, PDF or AI, Quark or InDesign files are recommended for all text, line art and flat solid colours.
- Raster based text may not produce desired results, since they are pixel (dots) based, not vector (line) based.
- All transparencies, drop shadows, gradients and special effects have to be flattened or rasterized.
- Supply both screen and printer fonts.
- Supply your own fonts to avoid subtle or obvious differences in your document, including text reflow.
- You could embed all your fonts or convert text to outlines/curves to avoid having to send font files.
Letter Sizes and Line Width:
- The CMYK or Pantone colour information needs to be indicated clearly in the file.
- Convert all RGB images to CMYK.
- Pantone colours need to be converted to CMYK, unless they are to be printed.
- The Pantone colours need to be Solid Coated.
- Spot varnish is additional plate. Separate file should be supplied or represented with Spot colour.
Barcode (UPC code):
- Font size should be no less than 5pt (bold).
- For knockouts, font size should be no less than 5.5pt.
- Line width should be no less than .5 pt., including text and artwork.
- Approximate size of your barcode should be W: 1.25"" x H: 0.5"".
- Always place your barcode on a white background box.
- Bars must be 100% black, vector based file.
- Barcode embedded in Photoshop file or set up as CMYK may affects its scannability.
All files require a bleed (1/8"") and type safety (1/8"") for cutting purposes.
This allows for any possible shifting on press, and ensures that none of your text will be cut or caught in a fold.
Do not trap your files. We use powerful automated trapping software, and will trap your files as part of our standard service.
Be aware that trapping can only be done if the objects over-lapped or touching.
We use Kodak's Prinergy Evo 4.0 Workflow System software for the file pre-flight and Kodak Preps 5.3 for the file imposition.
- Do not resize or modify templates.
- Do not use images from the web pages. Their resolution is 72 dpi, RGB and not acceptable for printing.
- Files created in MS Word, PowerPoints, Publisher, Nero, Adobe PhotoDeluxe, etc - should not be used to create your artwork.